Pages

Background1

Friday, March 23, 2012

The first little piggy...oops!...birdy built her house with sticks...

I've come to the realization that life slows waaaaaayyyy down when you become a stay-at-home mom. I'm not complaining. Instead I'm seriously soaking up every slow minute. After 4 years of waking my kids up at the crack of dawn and then rushing to start the day, I'm content to sit back and discover what each minute will bring.

The other day, our minutes consisted of finding cool sticks on one of our favorite playgrounds. We drove home with a trunk full of sticks (many of which are still hanging around in different places) and a thousand ideas swirling in our heads of things that we could do with them.

When we got home, I pulled out some rainbow yarn and baubles and...walla! A little bird house. Now, the birds may not actually choose to call it home, but it looks very pretty hanging in the tree next to our garden.


Handful of "cool" sticks

Mommy's crude fashioning


Pre-baubles


No comments:

Post a Comment